It’s surprisingly simple to figure out what the wind is doing. When it’s strong. Or when it’s not!
Want to plan your next fun time on the water or land? Need to crack what the weather is doing in your favourite spot, such as Inverloch?
Get that quickly and you won’t miss out on the good wind for winging, windsurfing and kitesurfing. Or calm conditions for fishing, rowing, kayaking or golf.
Remember the last time you took forever to decide whether to hit the water? Yeah, we have all been there so often!
Add our Vic Wind app to your toolkit to help you make better and more informed decisions about activities reliant on weather and wind.
No more juggling multiple web pages or apps to understand the weather. Get up to date wind observations, speed, gust and direction, sun rise, sun set, as well as air temperature and apparent temperature – all on one screen. See how these data points are progressing throughout the day at 10-minute intervals. It’s that simple.
Even set up wind alerts to notify you of the right conditions to go on the water!
Oh and if that’s not enough and you want to dive into visual analysis of the prevailing wind over the course of today or historically up to 60 days in the past, we’ve got you covered.
We’ve updated Vic Wind to allow you to do just that. And this 5.5.1 release has come out in time for summer.
- New statistics page available for each weather station showing historical wind data summary (for last 60 days), as well as min/max wind/temperature readings
- Observation graphs now include air temperature data
- Observation graphs now include sunrise and sunset data
- New setting on observation graph to control appearance of graphs
- Apparent air temperature is now displayed on maps
- New setting on map pages to control appearance of maps
- Removed annotations/labels on background maps to make it easier to read wind readings
- The ‘next reading’ text is shown in red when new data is available
We understand what fellow water fanatics need. That’s why we are excited to share this update to the Vic Wind app. We’ve consolidated a ton of data on one summary page so that you could get more out of Vic Wind.
See you on the water.